Saturday, March 8, 2014

NASA to Europa

"NASA will send a robot to investigate suspected life on Europa"

I don't know why I am so excited about this, I guess its because I just love new discoveries.  I have been reading articles about NASA mission to explore Europa; a moon that circles Jupiter. Apparently the moon is perfect for life. It is covered in salt water (about 62 milies deep/100km) as well as discovering water geysers on the moon. Meaning that the water is warm enough to support probable life. This is because the core of the moon is heated. This is due to the gravitational pull of Jupiter, as the moon is being pulled in and out for Jupiter the iron core is heated. Resulting, in the melting and the warming up of the ice. The living conditions of Europa is said to be "similar to those incurred by extremophiles that live in the Arctic and Antarctic regions of Earth."      
- See more HERE
Also HERE
I Just hope NASA gets the funds they need, they need about 2 billion for a mission to Europa.

No comments:

Post a Comment